In order to bring EVO fun to the masses, we took our FACT 11m carbon frame (yes, the same one as the S-Works), dressed it with a bullet-proof Shimano SLX 12-speed drivetrain and a tough as nails set of alloy wheels, and set it loose to shred unsuspecting trails everywhere.
- All the travel in the world is useless without the proper shock tuning and kinematics. For the new Stumpjumper EVO design, we prioritized kinematic performance. Applying lessons learned while developing the Enduro, then following that with more than 1,000 hours of field and suspension lab development, we've not only improved the pedaling performance of the Stumpjumper, but we've made it more capable, agile, and lively. We increased anti-squat, so the suspension better resists pedal bob, and we further improved bump performance on square-edge hits. Bottom line? This thing shreds trails, not legs.
- The S-Sizing geometry of the new Stumpjumper EVO is our most progressive yet. Long, low, slack, short offset fork, steeper seat tube angle – these are requirements for modern progressive riding. But not everyone jibs the same way, which is why the geo on the new Stumpjumper EVO is fully adjustable with six different settings. You can adjust the BB height by 10mm, you can adjust your head angle by two-degrees, and you can make these adjustments independently of each other. Finally, if you want to go full-party mullet-mode, the EVO lets you run a 27.5-inch rear wheel mated with a 29-inch front.
- Rider-First Engineered frames use a size-specific approach to ride characteristics that ensures benchmark handling and flawless performance, regardless of frame or rider size. Whether you're a jump-happy grom riding an S1, or a DH-fiend giant in need of the lengthy S6, you'll experience the same ride traits – rail-sharp cornering and balanced front and rear stiffness – at the lightest-possible weight.
- We introduced the SWAT door on the Stumpjumper in 2016, adding room IN your frame for those “oh sh**t” necessities like pumps and spare tubes, and immediately rendering jersey pockets redundant. With the new Stumpjumper, we have increased the volume and added a SWAT Bladder, giving you an extra 22oz of water storage – the same size as a small water bottle – hidden in your downtube.
|Frame||FACT 11m carbon chassis and rear-end, asymmetrical design, 29 Trail Geometry, SWAT Door integration, head tube angle adjustment, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 150mm of travel|
|Fork||FOX FLOAT 36 Rhythm, GRIP damper, two position Sweep adjustment, 15x110mm QR axle, 44mm offset, S1:150mm of travel, S2-S6:160mm of travel|
|Rear Shock||FOX FLOAT DPX2 Performance, Rx Trail Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, Kashima coat, 3-position adjustment, S1:210x50mm, S2-S6:210x55mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm
Rear: 148 x 12mm
|Rims/Wheels||Roval 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready|
Front: Shimano MT400-B, Centerlock 28h, 15x110 Boost
Rear: Shimano MT510-B, Centerlock 28h, 12x148 Boost, Microspline
|Spokes||DT Swiss Industry|
Front: Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3"
Rear: Eliminator, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3"
|Crankset||Shimano SLX, S1:165mm, S2-S5: 170mm, S6: 175mm|
|Chain||Shimano SLX, M7100, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano SLX M7100, SGS, 12-speed|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX, M7100, 12spd|
|Handlebars||Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 800mm width|
|Stem||Alloy Trail Stem, 35mm bar bore|
|Brake Levers||Shimano SLX M7120|
|Brakes||Shimano SLX M7120, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm/180mm|
|Saddle||Bridge Comp, Hollow Cr-mo rails, 155/143mm|
|Seat Post||X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, remote SRL LE lever, 34.9 (S1:100mm, S2: 125mm, S3: 150mm, S4/S5: 170mm, S6: 190mm)|
* Subject to change without notice.